Additional Medical Rehabilitation Services
Medical Case Management
The Medical Case Manager acts on behalf of clients as their advocate and provides service coordination of the physician-ordered plan of care. The goal of services provided is to improve independence and/or employability. The case manager is the liaison between the DRS sponsor and the WWRC Medical Rehabilitation Team.
Medical Case Management Services
- Reviews preadmission chart and gathers information needed for admission
- Coordinates, schedules and leads program meetings, which include
- plan development
- progress reviews
- discharge meetings
- Communicates medical rehabilitation planning to the client, family and DRS sponsor
- Coordinates the scheduling of medical and vocational services
- Facilitates discharge planning
- Coordinates community services following WWRC program completion
Also see: Rehabilitation Counseling.
|Medical Case Management (MedicalCaseManagementInfo@wwrc.virginia.gov)|
|Phone||800-345-9972, Ext. 7492 or 540-332-7492|