Vocational Training Services
Building Trades Training Area
In the Building Trades training area, clients acquire the skills and knowledge for employment as entry-level Building Trades workers.
Training Area Qualifications:
- Meet WWRC admission criteria
- Be able to lift 50 pounds from the floor to bench level
- Have good range of motion in both hands and arms in all directions, especially extended overhead
- Be able to add and subtract whole numbers and use linear measurements
- Be able to climb a ladder, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl, reach, handle, finger and/or feel
- Be able to follow written directions, material lists and procedures is required
Program Length: 1250 hours, typically 200 training days or 10 months
Assist cabinetmaker, build and/or install cabinets. Work in factory where cabinets are mass-produced. Job titles may include Cabinet Assembler and Cabinet Installer.
Program Length: 875 hours, typically 140 training days or 7 months
Work in a factory where cabinets/furniture is mass-produced. Assist cabinetmaker building/installing cabinets. Job titles may include Assembler and Assembly Line Worker.
Program Length: 875 hours, typically 140 days or 7 months
Assist residential or industrial contractors in building or remodeling. Job titles may include Carpenter Helper, Carpenter Apprentice and Construction Worker I.
Program Length: 625 hours, typically 100 training days or 5 months
Assist residential or industrial contractors in building or remodeling. Job titles may include Construction Worker II.
For more, please see the Vocational Training Services Overview.
|Vocational Training (VocationalTrainingInfo@wwrc.virginia.gov)|
|Phone||800-345-9972, Ext. 7383 or 540-332-7383|