Vocational Training Services
Building Trades Training Area
In the Building Trades training area, clients acquire the skills and knowledge for employment as entry-level Building Trades workers.
Training Area Qualifications:
- Meet WWRC admission criteria
- Be able to lift 50 pounds from the floor to bench level
- Have good range of motion in both hands and arms in all directions, especially extended overhead
- Be able to add and subtract whole numbers and use linear measurements
- Be able to climb a ladder, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl, reach, handle, finger and/or feel
- Be able to follow written directions, material lists and procedures is required
Program Length: 1250 hours, typically 200 training days or 10 months
Assist cabinetmaker, build and/or install cabinets. Work in factory where cabinets are mass-produced. Job titles may include Cabinet Assembler and Cabinet Installer.
Program Length: 875 hours, typically 140 training days or 7 months
Work in a factory where cabinets/furniture is mass-produced. Assist cabinetmaker building/installing cabinets. Job titles may include Assembler and Assembly Line Worker.
Program Length: 875 hours, typically 140 days or 7 months
Building maintenance, building repair, assist industrial or residential contractors in building or remodeling, dry wall installation and repair, electrical maintenance, plumbing maintenance, painting, roofing, siding, replacement window and door installation.
Program Length: 625 hours, typically 100 training days or 5 months
Assist building maintenance and repair crew, assist residential or industrial contractors in building and remodeling.
For more, please see the Vocational Training Policies and Procedures.
|Vocational Training (VocationalTrainingInfo@wwrc.virginia.gov)|
|Phone||800-345-9972, Ext. 7383 or 540-332-7383|