Vocational Training Services
Auto Mechanics Training Area
In the Auto Mechanics training area, clients acquire the skills and knowledge for employment as entry-level workers.
Training Area Qualifications:
- Meet WWRC admission criteria
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have use of both arms and hands
- Be able to lie on back and work with arms overhead
- Be able to read and comprehend work orders and specification charts
- Be able to measure liquids by ounce
- Be able to read and comprehend linear measurements
- Have sufficient vision
- Be able to lift 25-50 pounds on a daily basis
Program Length: 375 hours, typically 60 training days or 3 months
Note: Auto Reconditioning and Detailing Worker training is provided through WWRC’s External Training Option.
Program Length: 500 hours, typically 80 training days or 4 months
Service departments of new and used car dealers, service centers, independent repair garages and service stations. Job titles may include Lubrication Servicer and Tire Repairer.
Note: General Services Technician training is provided through WWRC's External Training Option.
Completion or demonstrated mastery of skills for the Auto Servicing Technician training program
750 hours, typically 120 training days or 6 months
Service departments of new and used car dealers, service centers, independent repair garages and service stations. Job titles may include Auto Technician, Auto Mechanic and Automotive Worker.
For more, please see the Vocational Training Policies and Procedures.
|Vocational Training (VocationalTrainingInfo@wwrc.virginia.gov)|
|Phone||800-345-9972, Ext. 7383 or 540-332-7383|