Assistive Computer Technology Services
The purpose of the Assistive Computer Technology (ACT) Team is to help clients in accessing computers and other technologies to enhance their educational and vocational goals, as well as their overall quality of life.
ACT Services are designed to:
- provide interdisciplinary team evaluations of clients’ abilities and goals
- identify safe and effective technology solutions to meet identified needs
- assist in implementing recommended technologies in the target environment
- provide education and training in the use of recommended technologies
The ACT Evaluation Team is comprised of an occupational therapist and a computer systems engineer who combine their clinical knowledge of the functional implications of disability and technical expertise in the application of assistive technology. Complementary team members such as speech-language pathologists, rehabilitation engineers and learning disability specialists may be consulted as needed.
Assistive Computer Technology (ACT) Lab
The ACT Lab is equipped with a variety of hardware, software and stand-alone technologies. Some devices are available for short-term loan for clients to be able to try out different types of technology and/or to confirm a recommended device is appropriate.
Other Assistive Computer Technology Services
- Ergonomic evaluations and education
- Integration of assistive technologies into the workplace and home offices
- Troubleshooting of computer problems as they relate to assistive technology
|Assistive Computer Technology (AssistiveComputerTechInfo@wwrc.virginia.gov)|
|Phone||800-345-9972, Ext. 5403327117 or 540-332-7117|